What is the first food you think of when I say Thanksgiving (apart from the obvious Turkey)? Delicious appetizers, right? And what appetizer better than deviled eggs? It is an easy, quick no fuss dish that can be made as versatile as you want it to be. But you can have this appetizer all year round I like to boil the eggs a fry before as a meal prep so I devote every little time when I’m preparing a meal but it can most certainly be done on the day too. Be creative with the spices in the fillings. Add some crunchy bacon for a non vegetarian option @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 6 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS; Serves 4
- Eggs 8
- Paprika 2 tsp, divided
- Yellow mustard 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Dill for garnish
- Boil the eggs in the pressure cooker for one whistle. Shell the eggs.
- Cut each egg in half. Using a spoon scoop out the egg yolks. Put the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Put mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, mustard and paprika in the bowl. Mash the egg yolks with a fork to incorporate everything together.
- Use a piping bag to fill the egg yolk mixture.
- Pipe some of the mixture in each egg white half.
- Garnish with chopped dill and a little paprika.
I boil my egg in the pressure cooker. It cooks perfectly every single time. Just put the eggs along with enough water to cover the eggs. Pressure cook for one whistle. Let the pressure release by itself. Thats it.
Did you know?
For Deviled Eggs use older eggs closer to their expiration date. They are way easier to peel!
Avoid overcooking the eggs.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!