Remember the Mixed Beans Salad I made in my last post? This forms the basis of the mashed salad in this recipe. I’ve added the list of ingredients here for the sake of convenience but if you wanted to check the basic recipe its Mixed Beans Salad. Top it with some fresh cherry tomatoes, basil and crumbled feta and you have two meals for one @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 14 mins
- Baguette 2
- Olive oil 4 tbsp divided, for brushing baguette and dressing
- Cherry tomatoes ½ cup plus for garnish
- Red kidney beans ½ cup
- Cannellini beans ½ cup
- Black beans ½ cup
- English cucumber ½ cup chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, grated
- Sea salt
- Avocado 1, chopped
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Feta cheese as needed
- Basil torn for garnish
- Mint torn for garnish
- Mix in a bowl: cannellini beans, black beans, red kidney beans, cucumber, avocado, cherry tomatoes, grated garlic, sea salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, basil. Using a masher slightly mash the mixture.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cut baguettes into half and then again lengthwise. Place on a roasting tray. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil. Cook in the oven for 12-14 mins till slightly golden.
- Top the toasted baguette with the mashed beans mixture. Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes, mint, basil and crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve with Muhammara.