This is a light cold salad that can be eaten on its own, in a wrap, smashed in a sandwich or on tortilla chips. It tastes even better the next day. You can use any vegetables you want with this. Guilt free eating, anyone? @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 0
- Cucumber ½, seeded and sliced
- Avocado 1, chopped
- Onion 1, small, chopped
- Mint a few leaves torn
- Basil a few springs torn
- Crumbled feta ¼ cup
- Cherry tomatoes ¼ cup, halved
- Beans: kidney, pinto, black beans, cannellini
- Smoked paprika 2 tsp
- Lemon juice 5 tbsp
- Olive oil 6 tbsp
- Garlic 2 cloves, minced
- Yellow Mustard 3 tsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Sea salt
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Drain beans out of the cans and rinse under running water a few times.
- Cut cucumber in half. Using a spoon scoop out and discard the seeds in the cucumber. Cut the cucumber into thick strips.
- In a jar mix olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice, grated garlic and sugar. Close the lid and shake to a smooth consistency. Reserve.
- In a large bowl combine together: beans, onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado and cucumber.
- Pour dressing on top. Gently mix. Mix in paprika, torn mint and basil. Top with crumbled feta.