This healthy, paleo and vegan recipe originated from a conversation I recently had with my sister in law. She asked if I ever roasted cauliflower and I realized I never did! I’m not sure why because this recipe is the easiest cauliflower dish I’ve ever done in my life. You mix everything together and pop it in the oven. Let it do its magic while you get going with other things that need to be done. Can’t be more simple, right? @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Cauliflower 1
- Turmeric 2 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Sea salt
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Smoked paprika 2 tsp, divided
- Lemon juice freshly squeezed for garnish
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut cauliflower into thick steak like slices.
- In a mortar and pestle, crush cumin seeds to release its flavor.
- In a jar mix together olive oil, turmeric, sea salt, black pepper and crushed cumin.
- Brush the cauliflower steaks with the olive oil mixture on both sides.
- Bake for 35-40 mins turning the cauliflower halfway through the cooking.
- Put roasted cauliflower on a serving platter.
- Garnish with freshly squeezed lemon juice, reserved smoked paprika and cilantro.