This is a super quick recipe with store bought Greek flatbread that makes lunchtime a breeze. The use of herbs and fresh vegetables makes it refreshing as well as healthy. You can drizzle some olive oil on the freshly made flatbread pizza or just leave it without. @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 2 mins
YIELDS: Makes 3
- Greek flatbread 3
- Corn on the cob 1
- Marinara/ pizza sauce as needed
- Cherry tomatoes a few, halved
- Cheddar cheese ¼ cup
- Asiago cheese ¼ cup
- Chives 1 tbsp, chopped
- Basil a small handful, torn
- Feta cheese to garnish
- Olive oil 1 tbsp (optional)
- Turn oven to LOW BROIL mode.
- Roast corn on the stove top directly on the fire till toasted in all sides. Cut the kernels from the cob. Keep aside.
- Spread marinara sauce on flatbread. Top with cheddar cheese, Asiago cheese, most of the roasted corn (reserve some for garnish), dried oregano,
- Cook on low broiled for 2 mins. Remove immediately. Top with rest of the roasted corn, halved cherry tomatoes, basil, feta cheese and chives. Drizzle olive oil (if using). Cut into halves and serve.
I set the broiler for 3 minutes and it seemed to start charring a bit. Although I liked it I think it’s better to just keep it at 2 mins!