There are two key things to a good Brussels sprouts dish. This I discovered recently. The first is simplicity. The other is using a cast iron pan. Brussels Sprouts do not need to be drowned in spices or sauces. This is as simple as it gets and it takes less than 10 mins. This vegan dish is vibrant, healthy and tastes absolutely amazing @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 2 mins
COOK TIME: 8 mins
- Good & Gather Steam-in-a-bag Brussels Sprouts
- Sea salt
- Pepper 2 tsp, coarsely crushed
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Parsley 1 tbsp
- Halve the Brussels sprouts. If there are large ones in the bunch, feel free to cut them into quarters to ensure that all the sprouts are somewhat of consistent shape.
- Heat the cast iron pan. Pour olive oil. When the oil gets to a sizzling point, turn the heat to medium. Put in the Brussels sprouts. Do not turn too often. Let one side cook and caramelize before turning the other side.
- When both sides are done sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika.
- Garnish with parsley. That’s it, you are done. Serve.
I bought Steam-in-a-bag Brussels Sprouts that is already cleaned and ready. So all I had to do was halve them. If you buy a fresh bunch that is not packaged and cleaned, take care to wash all the dirt and grime off by rinsing a few times and discard the tough ends.
Eat this as soon as you make it for those crunchy, crispy caramelized charred bits and just melt-in-your- mouth deliciousness.
I’ve had a hate-hate relationship with Brussels sprouts for years. I tried cooking it the way my mother in law used to do it about 22 years ago and it tasted awful and soggy. So I gave up on Brussels sprouts completely. It is only recently when I’m trying to eat healthier and have become more health conscious that I decided to give it another try and was I glad I did! So like me, if you think that Brussels sprouts are not for you, try this recipe. I promise you, you will go back for more.