Zoodles or zucchini noodles look and taste amazing. The best part is of course that this dish is super quick to put together. From start to finish you are done in 10 mins maximum. That has to count for something right? Zucchini does not have any particular flavor which means they easily absorb the flavors of the ingredients you use. This dish is super heathy too. Here’s a fun fact: one big cup of zoodles has about 30–40 calories. Compare that to regular spaghetti or linguini, which has about 210 calories for the same amount. This is my second zucchini noodles recipe, the first one is Zucchini Noodles @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
- Zucchini 2
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 4-5 cloves grated
- Black pepper 1 tbsp
- Red pepper flakes 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Basil 2 tbsp, chopped
- Parmesan 2 tbsp, freshly grated
- Using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini into noodles.
- Heat olive oil. Sauté grated garlic and red pepper flakes for a few seconds till it starts to get golden.
- Add zucchini noodles and toss gently. Add salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes and turn the gas off.
- Serve with chopped basil and freshly grated Parmesan.
Investing in a spiralizer is a sound investment according to my opinion. It is a super handy gadget. You can use it to spiralize not only potatoes to make delicious curly fries but also veggies like sweet potatoes, zucchini, butternut squash, carrots, beets, apples – the list goes on.