This is a healthy, quick, and delicious recipe. It is a fusion of the Indian way of cooking squash with mustard seeds and curry leaves combined with the Mexican corn tortillas with avocado and lime- the best of both worlds. It combines two great cuisines to form a delectable mouthwatering recipe. It is ready within minutes and the sweetness of squash with the creaminess of the avocado pairs perfectly with the saltiness of the cheese. It is a pleasant burst of surprise to the taste buds @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 20 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS: Serves or makes 2
- Corn tortillas 4
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Avocado 1
- Pepper jack Cheese 4 tbsp grated
- Squash 1 cup
- Dry chili 1, broken into bits
- Mustard seeds 2 tsp
- Curry leaves 8-9
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Onion small 1, chopped
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Juice of a lime
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Put in mustard seeds, dry chili and curry leaves. Let that sizzle. Put in squash. Add salt and turmeric. Cook covered on a low heat for 10 mins. Turn the heat off. Keep aside.
- Mash avocado and mix with onion, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Heat corn tortillas on a skillet. Remove. In each tortilla put in 1 tbsp of squash, a dollop of avocado and grated cheese.
- Fold the corn tortillas gently and put them in the panini press. Cook till the cheese melts.
- Cut each tortilla into quarters and serve.