This is a simple mozzarella and tomato pizza with very minimal ingredients on the pizza itself. I used my KitchenAid hand mixer to do the pizza dough. It worked like a charm and made the process of kneading so much quicker. For the sauce on the crust of the pizza I used the fire roasted tomato sauce just before I added the cream @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 15 mins
PREP TIME: 2 hours 15 mins
- Bread flour 4 cups (for 2 pizzas)
- Yeast 1 tbsp
- Warm water 2 cups (110º)
- Sea salt 2 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Fire roasted tomato sauce 4-5 tbsp
- Mozzarella discs 6
- Cherry tomatoes a small handful
- Put the following in the blender: bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil. Mix. Start adding water little by little until you form a dough. You may or may not need the entire 2 cups of water. Stop once you can form a round dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on to a clean kitchen countertop and knead the dough till it is nice and smooth. Grease a large bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and let the dough rest covering it with a cling wrap till it is double in size in about 2 hours.
- Take the dough out and knead it again on a floured surface. Divide the dough into 2 balls. Cover again with a cling wrap and let the two balls rest again for 30 mins.
- Take out one dough ball and spread it out with your fingers as flat as possible into a greased pizza pan. Top with some fire roasted tomato mixture. Top with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Heat oven to 425° . Cook for 12-15 minutes till the cheese melts and the pizza is cooked.