This recipe is all about putting your leftovers to good use- leftover rice, leftover rotisserie chicken and some rashers of bacon come together with a few ingredients from the pantry in this easy weeknight dinner. This is great for both adults and kids. It is a colorful, tasty and easy recipe. @sarchakra
YIELD: Serves or Makes 2
PREP TIME: 10mins
COOK TIME: 15mins
- 1 cup sliced fine rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed or crumbled black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh spring onions
- 1 tbsp oil
- Place bacon rashers on pan so they do not overlap and cook on medium heat till done. There is no need to add any oil. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped chicken and crushed black pepper. Add soy sauce and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Heat sweetcorn and rice in the microwave for 60 seconds and add the mixture to the pan with the chicken. Check seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Sprinkle chopped bacon and spring onions.