A one pot penne recipe done under 15 mins using mostly freezer and pantry ingredients- that is exactly the kind of recipe you need on a weekday or weekend. Have you ever tried toasting your pasta before cooking it? It gives a deep nutty aroma and the stock gives it an added flavor boost. It tastes so delicious and looks fancy but you really haven’t worked hard for it at all. Doesn’t that sound perfect? Check out the recipe below and do try it soon @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 2 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Penne Rigate 16 oz
- Avocado oil 3 tbsp, divided
- Vegetable stock cubes 2
- Dried rosemary 2 tsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Onion powder 2 tsp
- Baby spinach 2 cups, frozen
- Tomato paste 4 tbsp
- Parmesan 1 cup, freshly grated plus to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp avocado oil in a large pan. Add the penne. Toast the pasta for a 3-4 minutes till browned.
- Add water to the pan. Add rosemary, vegetable stock cube, onion powder, garlic powder, tomato paste, frozen spinach and the rest of the avocado oil.
- Cook penne according to the time in the box directions. Do not drain out!
- Add the freshly grated Parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Serve Penne Rigate with some more Parmesan.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
How much water do you add?
About 2 cups or so. The water would reduce considerably as it cooks. Depending on the kind of pasta you use, you may need more. If needed more water can be used later too. Hope that answers your question. I’ll add that in notes- thank you for reminding me 🙂