Perfect for the holidays with Christmas coming up, this recipe is not only easy, it is absolutely delicious too. I came across this recipe on TikTok. I had a big can of pumpkin pie mix that definitely needed to be used up. So I used double the pumpkin mix. The result is an even smoother, softer, spongier pie. Of course, the cooking time had to be adjusted from 10 mins to 25 mins.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 25 mins
YIELDS: Makes 16 bars
- Easy pumpkin pie mix 30 oz
- Eggs 2
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Granulated sugar 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil ½ cup
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Cinnamon ground 1 tsp
- Ginger powder ½ tsp
- Cloves 3, powdered
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Unsalted butter 1 ½ sticks
- Cream cheese 8 oz
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Confectioners sugar 2 cups
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl add pumpkin pie mix. Add the two eggs, oil and granulated sugar. Mix with a whisk to combine to a smooth consistency.
- Add vanilla extract and all purpose flour. Add baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves. baking soda and salt. Gently stir the dry ingredients with the whisk.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet. Fold with a spatula till just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spray a baking tray with non stick spray. Pour the mixture on the tray and use a spatula to spread it out.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 mins till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the pumpkin pie is in the oven, prepare the icing.
- In a large bowl add 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter and cream cheese. Add a couple of tbsp of milk. Mix.
- Add powdered sugar and whisk till fluffy.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the icing on top. Spread out the icing smoothly.
- Cut into rectangular shapes and serve.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.