One of the easiest and delicious dishes for Thanksgiving is Creamed Corn. You can buy Creamed Corn in a can from your local grocery or you can make it at home. It literally takes about 5-7 mins and is so easy to do. It is creamy smooth with subtle flavors. Check out the recipe below @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 2 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
YIELDS: Serves 2
- Sweet corn 1 can
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Cream 1 cup
- Nutmeg a pinch
- Parmesan (optional) freshly grated to serve
- In a pan add butter. Add the flour and cook for a few seconds till the raw smell goes.
- Add the cream. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the sweet corn. Cook on a medium flame for a few mins till the mixture comes to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan.
You can use fresh herbs like parsley or chives to garnish.
If using fresh corn on the cob, shuck the corn and cook it in milk prior to following the rest of the recipe.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!