This is a one pan wonder and can feed a crowd. Simplicity is the key to this recipe. No prep is needed and cleanup is a charm. Just the kind of day to day meals I prefer! Any herbs can be used. I have a ton of lemon thyme and oregano in the yard right now so I used those two herbs but basil works equally well.
The pasta I chose for this recipe is a tube shaped corkscrew shaped pasta called Cellentani. It is sometimes called Cavatappi (Italian for corkscrew), stortelli, serpentini, spirali, amori or tortiglioni. The tubular center and the ridged surface is great for gathering up all those tomato based pasta sauces in your bowl. This recipe stores well in the fridge and works great as a cold pasta salad too @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins
- Barilla Classic Blue Box Pasta Cellentani 16 oz
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp plus for garnish, coarsely cracked
- Knorr Tomato Bouillon 2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce 2 cans
- Dry oregano 2 tsp
- Dry basil 2 tsp
- Mascarpone cheese 1 tub
- Onion 1, chopped
- Garlic 5 cloves, chopped
- Water 3 cups
- Parmesan ½ cup, shaved
- Lemon thyme for garnish
- Fresh Oregano for garnish
- In a large pan add the pasta, olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, dry basil and dry oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato bouillon powder. Add the canned tomato sauces. Pour in the water.
- Turn the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 11 mins till the pasta is done.
- When the pasta is done, add the mascarpone cheese and mix into the pasta.
- Garnish with lemon thyme and fresh oregano. Top with shaved Parmesan and some more cracked black pepper.
The time it takes to cook the pasta will depend on the type of pasta so follow the box directions for the exact time.
The tomato bouillon does have chicken in it. To make it completely vegetarian use vegetable stock or simply water.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Wow tasty pasta recipe! Thanks for sharing 😊👍
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome 🥰 It comes together so quickly too.