These salmon cakes can be served as is, with some tartar sauce but if you were me, you wouldn’t want any sauce to divert you from the taste of these delicious fish cakes! The lemon slices get rid of the fishy smell and the lemon juice makes the fish even juicier. They are so delicate and yet bold with flavor. With the leftovers, I use them next day to make fish wraps with some fresh greens in a spinach tortilla roll with a spicy mayo dressing. Scrumptious! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
YIELDS: Makes about 11
- Salmon 3, chopped into small pieces
- Potato 1 large
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Lemon zest 1 tbsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Egg 1
- Half a lemon sliced thickly
- Parsley ¼ cup, freshly chopped
- Panko breadcrumbs ¼ cup
- Oil for pan frying
- Cut the potato in chunks. Put in a pan of salted water. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 mins till completely cooked. Drain the water. Mash the potatoes to a smooth consistency. Keep aside.
- In a pan add salmon, lemon slices, salt, oregano and ½ a cup of water. Cook on a medium flame for 5 mins or so till the fish is cooked and the water completely dries off. Discard the lemon slices. Put the salmon in a bowl.
- To the cooked salmon add the mashed potatoes, Panko breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped parsley and egg. Using your hands mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and form patties.
- Heat oil. Fry the salmon patties on a medium heat till golden on both sides. Drain on kitchen towels. Serve immediately.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!