Nimki is a delicious classic savory Bengali snack best served with some tea. The size of nimki can be either small or slightly larger. The same dough can be used to make different shapes of the crackers. Only a few ingredients are needed to make this snack @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
YIELDS: Makes 16
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Nigella seeds 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Milk or water as needed (room temperature)
- Flour 1 tsp
- In a bowl take flour. Add nigella seeds and salt. Mix to a crumble. Use room temperature milk or water to make a soft dough.
- Make a paste of flour and a little water.
- Roll the dough into a large thin round. Roll the dough from one side. Use the flour paste to close the ends.
- Use a knife to cut equal portions of the dough.
- Take a ball and flatten it with a rolling pin. Fold the circle in half and then fold again. Roll the triangular shaped dough thin. Repeat for the rest.
- Heat oil. Turn the heat to low. Fry the nimki in batches till golden.
- Drain on kitchen towels. Cool and store in an airtight container.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!