Begun’ in Bengali means eggplant and ‘pora’ means burnt. This vegan recipe is easy and pretty healthy. It is surprisingly quick to put together too. You can roast the eggplant in the oven but to get that authentic smoky flavor, roasting it directly on the open flame is a must @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- Eggplant 1
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Onion 1 small, chopped
- Green chilies 3-4, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes a few
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp, chopped
- Cut eggplant in half keeping the stem intact. Roast eggplant on the open flame till roasted. Keep the flame to medium.
- Using tongs to flip and cook all sides till the flesh is soft.
- Put eggplant on a serving plate. Discard the charred skin.
- Heat olive oil. Add cherry tomatoes. Let it cook for a couple of minutes on high heat. Cover and cook for 10 mins or so till all the tomatoes get mushy and soft.
- Use a potato masher to slightly crush the tomatoes.
- In a bowl assemble together the mashed eggplant, the crushed blistered tomatoes, salt, chopped onion, chilies, chopped coriander and oil.
- Serve hot or cold with roti, rice or with bread.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.