This is a super quick and healthy recipe with store bought flatbread. Roasting red pepper at home is so easy and the best part- no preservatives! Pesto can be either made at home or store bought. For a homemade pesto check out Cashew Pesto @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS: Serves 2-3
- Flatbread 1
- Red pepper 1
- Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella Pearl Cheese 4 oz
- Basil leaves, freshly torn
- Pesto 3 tbsp
- Pine nuts 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 large clove,grated
- Roast red pepper on the open flame for a few minutes turning it around intermittently till all the sides are charred. Put in a bowl and cover with cling wrap for 10 mins. The skin should come right off. Thinly slice the roasted red pepper.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place flatbread on a seasoned baking tray.
- Spread out pesto on the flatbread. Sprinkle with the pine nuts. Top with mozzarella pearls, basil and sliced red pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 8-9 mins till the cheese melts.
- While the flatbread is cooking, heat butter in a small pan. Put in garlic and cook till the garlic turns golden. Remove from heat. Reserve.
- Sprinkle toasted garlic butter on the flatbread. Slice into diagonal pieces. Serve.