This is a super simple rice noodle soup with very few ingredients. The peanut butter is a total cheat way of making the soup creamy and bold with flavor. You can add in lime juice if you want when serving. Feel free to add in as many vegetables as you want to make it healthier @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 2 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 2-3
- Rice noodles ½ a packet (7 oz)
- Oil 2 tbsp, divided
- Onion 1, thinly sliced, divided
- Black pepper 2 tsp, crushed
- Garlic 3 cloves, grated
- Knorr Tomato bouillon 2 tbsp
- Peanut butter 1 tbsp
- Bean sprouts 2 tbsp
- Chinese chives 2 tsp , chopped
- Heat water in a pan. Let it come to a boil. Add salt and then turn the heat off. Soak rice noodles in the boiling water tor 10 mins. Rinse with cold water and gently toss the noodles with 1 tbsp of oil. Keep aside.
- Heat ½ cup of water in the microwave. Stir in tomato bouillon and peanut butter. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Stir fry half the onion slices, crushed black pepper and garlic. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add in the prepared sauce. Stir together in high heat. Add the rice noodles.
- Add in 2 cups of water. Let everything come to a boil. Turn the heat off.
- Garnish the soup with bean sprouts, chives and the rest of the onion slices.