A traditional biryani takes time. This one doesn’t. It is a one pot recipe that can be done either in a pan or a pressure cooker and is ready within minutes. The use of biryani masala gives the dish its robust flavor. The masala can be made at home or can be easily swapped with a readymade store bought one @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Mixed vegetables 2 cups
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tomato paste 1 tbsp
- Biryani masala 4 tbsp (see Fish Biryani )
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Rinse basmati rice a few times till the water runs clear. Spread out on a plate. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Sauté mixed vegetables and onions for a few minutes.
- Add in tomato paste, ginger and garlic paste.
- Add in basmati rice along with biryani masala.
- Fry the masala and rice for a few minutes till the masala tastes aromatic.
- Add in 1 ½ cups of water and 2 tbsp ghee. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Let the pressure release by itself.
- Vegetable biryani is done.
You can use either fresh or frozen mixed vegetables. For the Biryani masala see Fish Biryani .