This is another healthy recipe with acorn squash. Its also another recipe of dump everything and forget about it. The acorn squash gets caramelized as it gets cooked in the oven while you go about doing your business. It’s a win win situation, isn’t it? @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 40 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Acorn squash 3 cups, chopped into cubes
- Chipotle chili pepper 2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper 2 tsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 2 tsp
- Parsley 2 tsp
- Sea salt
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Purple onion 1, small, thinly sliced
- Basil chopped for garnish
- Heat oven to 475° F.
- In a bowl mix together olive oil, chipotle chili pepper, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, cumin powder, dried parsley, black pepper and sea salt. Keep aside.
- Cut acorn squash into small cubes. Spread them out in a baking tray with parchment paper. Brush the cubes with the oil mixture.
- Cook acorn squash for 20 mins. Add the sliced onions. Turn the squash pieces over and cook for 10 more minutes. Serve with chopped basil.
This can be eaten as a salad with some fresh greens, put in a wrap or as a topping on some hearty soup. The choice is yours!