Maggi instant noodles are popular in many countries like India , Bangladesh, Pakistan and Singapore. Here’s a fun fact I found out while researching about maggi – did you know in India, Maggi Masala noodles carry a green dot, indicating that they are specifically formulated to serve vegetarians.
Necessity is the mother of invention. This recipe happened because I was left with some maggi blocks and no tastemaker that comes with it. I had used up the masala packets for ‘other ‘ things. Maggi masala is so flavorful and can be used in a ton of other things did you know? The fried chili crisp adds a crunchy punch and the pickled jalapeños gives the dish a slightly sour taste. It’s an amalgamation of many different flavors working together @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS: Serves or makes 1
- Maggi Instant Noodles 1 packet
- Onion ½, chopped
- Potato 1, medium, chopped
- Garlic 2 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Water ¾ cup
- Fried chili crisp 1 tbsp
- Pickled jalapeños 2 tsp
- Soy Sauce 2 tsp
- Brown sugar 1 tsp
- Fish sauce 1 tsp
- Roasted peanuts 2 tbsp, crushed
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and potatoes till golden.
- Add garlic. Sauté and then add maggi, pickled jalapeños and water.
- Cook till maggi is done. Add chili crisp, soy sauce, brown sugar and stir fry on high.
- Serve with crushed roasted peanuts.