What do you do with the greens that come with your radish? If you are like me, you do not throw it away. You combine it with a ton of vegetables and make a delicious meal out of it. This is an intelligent way to not waste any food. This is so ridiculously flavorsome with all the fresh vegetables I know you will want to make it every time, once you try it. Dry lentil dumplings are easily available in Indian groceries in the US and lends an enormous amount of flavor to this dish @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 20 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS: Serves or makes 3-4
- Radish greens (Mooli ke patte) 1 cup, chopped
- Eggplant ¼ cup, chopped
- Sweet potato ½ cup, chopped
- Radish ¼ cup, chopped
- Cauliflower 1 cup
- Butternut squash ½ cup, chopped
- Lentil dumplings (bori), a handful
- Mustard oil 2 tbsp
- Whole red chilies 2, broken
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Asafetida ¼ tsp
- Celery seeds (radhuni) ¼ tsp
- Nigella seeds (kalonji) ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tbsp
- Mustard paste 2 tsp
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Coriander leaf 2 tbsp, chopped
- In a pan heat mustard oil. Fry the lentil dumplings till golden. This should take a minute or so. Keep aside.
- In the same oil, temper asafetida, nigella seeds, celery seeds, cumin seeds and red chilies. Let it cook for a minute or so till aromatic. Add all the vegetables.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin seed powder. Add the fried dumplings. Cover and cook till done. It should be done within 10 mins or so.
- Add mustard paste, ghee and coriander leaf. Stir and serve with cooked basmati rice.