The crust recipe is the same as in the post https://sarchakra.com/2020/05/06/veggie-pizza/ The toppings are the only difference in this recipe. The cashew pesto recipe is the same as I used for the puff pastry swirls https://sarchakra.com/2020/04/18/cashew-pesto-salsa-twirls/ While the veggie pizza had a tomato salad base with lots of veggies, this one has a plain pesto, tomato and cheddar cheese topping @sarchakra
For the Pizza Crust: (this will make 2 pizza crusts)
- Bread flour 3 ¼ cups
- Yeast ¾ oz
- Warm water 1 ¼ cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp plus more to coat the bowl
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a bowl combine salt, sugar and flour.
- Add yeast mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add olive oil. Keep kneading till the dough becomes smooth.
- Coat a large bowl with olive oil. Put dough in the bowl. Spread olive oil on the dough.
- Cover with a kitchen towel for 2 hours. Divide dough into 2 portions. Cover with towel again. Let it rest for 20 mins.
- Press dough into pizza pans. Let it rest for 20 mins before topping with the rest of the ingredients.
For Cashew Pesto:
- Basil 1 cup
- Parmesan ¼ cup
- Olive oil ¼ cup
- Black pepper 1 tbsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cashews 3 tbsp
For Cashew Pesto: Blend together basil, parmesan, olive oil, salt, black pepper, juice of 1 lemon and cashews till smooth. Keep aside.
- Cashew pesto 5 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese 6 oz cut into rectangles
- Tomatoes 2, cut into rounds
- Heat oven to 425º.
- Spread pizza crust on a pizza pan. Top with pesto, tomato and cheddar rectangles.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes till golden.