One of the recipes I made this Christmas were these potato croquettes. Mashed potatoes with a gooey cheese center and a crunchy batter on the outside is perfect for a large crowd or an intimate dinner. I like to make the mashed potato the day before which makes the process of the croquettes easier and quicker @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME:15 mins
YIELDS: Makes 20
- Mashed potatoes 2 lb
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper 3 tsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Parsley ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Eggs 4
- Parmesan ½ cup, grated
- Self raising flour 3 tbsp
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Colby jack cubes 4 oz
- Panko breadcrumbs 2 cups
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl combine mashed potatoes, black pepper, salt, chopped parsley, 1 egg, flour and Parmesan. Mix together.
- Use a large spoon to take portions of the mixture. Flatten the ball and put in one cheese cube in the middle. Cover the ball with the potato mixture so the cheese is completely covered. Shape it into a log. Repeat for the rest of the mixture till all are done.
- Make three work stations- one for flour, one for 3 eggs beaten and another for Panko breadcrumbs. Roll each croquette in the flour, dip in egg and then roll in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil. Keep heat to medium. Fry the croquettes till golden on all sides. Drain on a paper towel.
I did the mashed potatoes the day before but you could do it on the day. Store bought mashed potatoes work too.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.