A healthyish potato salad, you ask? Here comes an easy peasy potato salad with a crunch and a creamy texture. It is the best of both worlds, right? The crunch comes from the healthy carrot bits and the creaminess is from the buttermilk sour cream dressing. And of course, since I like everything spicy, there is that hint of spice from the crushed black pepper and paprika. It’s not too spicy- it’s just about right without overpowering the senses. Try it and you won’t regret it! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 0 mins
YIELDS: Serves 4
- Potatoes 4, boiled, chopped
- Red onion ½, finely chopped
- Carrots ¾ cup, finely chopped
- Cheddar cheese ¾ cup
- Sour cream dressing ¼ cup (see below)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper 2 tsp plus for garnish
- Garlic 2 cloves, grated
- Spring onions 3 tbsp
- Paprika 2 tsp plus for garnish
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Chop boiled potatoes. Keep in a bowl. Add chopped onion, chopped spring onions, garlic, grated cheddar cheese and chopped carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and lemon juice. Mix in sour cream dressing.
- Serve with a garnish of some more paprika and black pepper.
Sour Cream Dressing
Equal amounts of sour cream, buttermilk and mayonnaise makes for the most creamy and delicious dressing. All you need is some seasoning and you are done. Use this for pasta salads, a salad bowl, a sandwich filling or even with grilled chicken.
- Sour cream 4 tbsp
- Buttermilk 4 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 4 tbsp
- Garlic 1 clove, grated
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Sea Salt
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Chives 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Whisk all the above ingredients together.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.