This is hands down an easy peasy family meal. Lightly coated fried chicken pieces simmered with apricot preserve, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil is absolutely lip smacking delicious 😋 I’ve served this dish with cooked jasmine rice. Increase the amounts to make this for multiple portions @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 2 hours
YIELDS: Serves or makes 3
- Chicken 16 oz, cut into small pieces
- Pepper 2 tbsp
- Cornstarch ½ cup
- Garlic 2-3 cloves, grated
- Ginger 1 tbsp, grated
- Rice vinegar 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Apricot preserve ¾ cup
- White sesame seeds 1 tbsp for garnish
- Spring Onions 2 tbsp for garnish
- Oil for frying
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl season the cornstarch with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the cornstarch mixture. Shake off excess.
- Heat oil. Fry chicken pieces. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a bowl mix together the following: apricot preserve, salt, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Turn the slow cooker on. Spray with oil to coat the bottom and sides.
- Put fried chicken pieces in. Pour the sauce on top. Mix to combine.
- Cook on low for 1.5 hours.
- Serve apricot chicken on a plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions. Serve with jasmine rice.
I’ve used small pieces of chicken to cook it faster but you can certainly use bigger pieces, bone and skin in and increase the time accordingly.