This is a vibrant Thai rice noodle salad using ingredients from your pantry and fridge. It is healthy and so flavorful you will want some more. You can eat this salad hot or cold @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 40 mins
PREP TIME: 15 mins
- A Taste of Thai Vermicelli Rice Noodles Angel Hair 8.8 oz
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Red pepper flakes 2 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Onion flakes 2 tsp
- Oregano 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp, crushed
- Light brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Thyme 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Shaan Ginger Garlic Paste
- Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar 4 tbsp
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce 4 tbsp
- Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter ½ cup
- Lime juice 3 tbsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Red pepper ½ long sliced
- Orange pepper ½ long sliced
- Red cabbage ¼ cup, thinly sliced
- Red onion ¼ cup, thinly sliced
- Carrot 1, grated small
- Spring onions a small handful, chopped
- Zucchini 1, cut into strips with a peeler
- Roasted peanuts ¼ cup, crushed
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl mix onion flakes, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, coriander seeds, thyme, oregano, brown sugar and salt. Add 2 tbsp oil. Mix. Keep aside.
- Press put all the water from the tofu using kitchen towels till dry. Cut into rectangles.
- Rub the mixture on to the tofu pieces till coated all over.
- Bake the seasoned tofu for 25 mins. Keep aside.
- In the meantime, heat a pan full of water. Let it come to a boil. Turn off the heat. Soak the vermicelli rice noodles for 10 mins. Drain the water.
- In a bowl whisk together crunchy peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili flakes, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger and garlic paste, honey.
- In a large serving bowl put noodles. Add in sliced onions, red peppers, orange peppers, red cabbage, zucchini strips and carrots. Top with the baked tofu.
- Pour the dressing over the rice noodles, tofu and vegetables.
- Top with spring onions and crushed roasted peanuts.