Who doesn’t like a good salad? This is a super healthy, vibrant, crunchy, tangy and sweet salad. Use this to serve with any protein dish like fish or chicken. You can also use it in a wrap with tortilla as a cold lunch @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 5 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
- Red cabbage cut into strips 4 cups
- Walnuts, a handful
- Dried apricots 8-9, thinly sliced
- Golden raisins, a handful
- Spring onions 3 tbsp, chopped
- Cracked black pepper 2 tsp
- Sour cream 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 2tbsp
- Buttermilk 4 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Onion powder 2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar 1 tbsp
Toasting the walnuts
- Slightly break the walnuts into pieces.
- On a microwave safe dish, spread out the walnuts on a single layer.
- Microwave for 2 mins. Stir and cook again for a couple of more minutes till fragrant. Let it cool.
- Mix together in a bowl the following: mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Add red wine vinegar and sugar to combine. Set aside.
- In a serving plate put red cabbage, golden raisins, dried apricot strips, spring onions and toasted walnuts.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and mix.