This is a really simple and creamy mushroom dish with a little bit of pepper, a lot of garlic and a generous grating of nutmeg. I remember tasting this at my brother in law’s house years ago and I loved it. Of course I asked for the recipe. This dish is extremely flavorful and I serve this with a pasta dish. You can definitely cook this with butter because everything tastes better with butter, right? However, to keep the calorie count low I have used vegetable oil and a little bit of butter after the cooking is done. The best part about this recipe is how quick it is. From start to finish you’re done in about 15 minutes @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 10 mins
PREP TIME: 5 mins
YIELDS: Serves or makes 3
- Mushrooms 8 oz (227 g) sliced thinly
- Garlic 7-8 cloves, finely chopped
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Cream ¼ cup
- Red chili flakes 2 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Nutmeg ¼ tsp grated
- Butter 1 tbsp
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Saute chopped garlic. Let it slightly cook but not burn. Add in red pepper flakes if you like spicy food.
- Cook for a few seconds. Add the mushrooms. Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cream. Simmer on low. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a few minutes the gravy becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and some grated nutmeg to finish up the dish. Serve with a bowl of cooked pasta.