This is a quick potato and sweetcorn dry curry done within minutes. Serve with roti, chapati or as a sandwich stuffing @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELD: Serves or Makes 3-4
- Potatoes 2, boiled and cubed
- Sweetcorn 1 cup frozen
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Red chili 1 whole
- Onion 1 small chopped
- Garlic 1 tbsp paste
- Ginger 1 tbsp paste
- Tomato 2 tbsp paste
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Fennel powder 1 tsp
- Red chili/paprika 1 tsp powder
- Dried fenugreek/kasuri methi 1 tsp toasted and crushed
- Dried mint 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp freshly cracked
- Salt to taste
- In 1 tablespoon oil toast cumin seeds, mustard seeds and red chili for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add chopped onion and cook until it softens.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, turmeric, coriander, cumin, fennel powder, red chili powder, tomato paste and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add potatoes and sweetcorn and stir intermittently for about 5 minutes till everything comes together.
- Sprinkle black pepper, mint and crushed dried fenugreek.