This is a super quick and easy recipe especially great for kids. Which kid doesn’t like tortillas, right? You can easily omit the pepper jack and just use the cheddar but using both or any combination of cheese that melts while the tortilla is pan fried till crunchy, means added flavor @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 15
COOK TIME: 20
YIELD: SERVES OR MAKES 2
- Boneless chicken breast 1 (flattened)
- Corn tortillas 6
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil for sautéing 4 tbsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tbsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Mild cheddar grated 4 tbsp
- Pepper jack cheese grated 4 tbsp
- Lettuce 1 cup shredded
- Tomato 1 small cubed
- Red onion 1 small cubed
- Cucumber ½ cubed
- Rub chicken with spice mix: chili powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Heat oil in a cast iron pan and cook till both sides are done. Let it rest for 10 mins or so before chopping into slices. Keep aside.
- Salad: put in a bowl shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onions. Keep aside.
- Heat corn tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds. Put 2 slices of chicken in each tortilla, top with cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Roll the tortilla and fasten together with a toothpick. Repeat for the rest of the tortillas.
- Heat vegetable oil. Pan fry tortillas in both sides till crunchy. This should take about 3-4 mins. Drain on a kitchen towel. Remove the toothpicks. Arrange in a serving plate. Serve with salad.