I love one pot meals. Less tidying up after a meal is always a good thing. Pasta has a bad rap because of its high carb content. One way of making a carb meal healthier is the addition of vegetables. If the vegetables are raw and crunchy, that’s even better. It not only gives the dish a different texture, its full of goodness too. This dish is versatile. I used canned tomatoes but fresh tomatoes can be used too for the recipe. Also any fresh or dry herbs can be substituted depending on availability @sarchakra
- Penne Rigate 1 package
- Onion ½, finely chopped
- Garlic 3 cloves, grated
- Olive oil 3 tbsp, divided
- Black pepper 2 tsp, crushed
- Crushed/chopped tomatoes 1 can
- Dried Basil 1 tsp
- Dried Thyme 1 tsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Mascarpone cheese 4 tbsp
- Parmesan ¼ cup
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- White wine vinegar 3 tbsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Paprika 2 tsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Mixed mini peppers chopped ½ cup
- Mini Cucumber ½ cup, chopped
- Carrots ½ cup, chopped
- Olives ¼ cup chopped
- Onion ¼ cup, chopped
- Medley tomatoes ½ cup, halved
- Heat olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic till soft.
- Pour in 1 can of finely chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the herbs: basil, thyme and oregano.
- Add 2 cups of water. Pour the penne in.
- Stir. The pasta should be submerged in the liquid.
- Cook uncovered on a medium flame for 11 mins.
- When the pasta is done it should have absorbed the liquid.
- Stir in mascarpone cheese. Mix.
- Add in grated Parmesan.
- In a bowl mix olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, paprika and oregano. Keep aside.
- Mix the ingredients under salad. Pour dressing on top and gently combine.
- Serve Penne Rigate on a serving plate. Top with fresh salad.