Who doesn’t like a one pot recipe? Less hassle of clean up is always a good idea. I don’t know anyone who enjoys cleanup in the kitchen as much as they enjoy cooking food. For this one pot delicious meal I’ve brought out my cast iron pan. Did I tell you I love my cast iron pan? Every time you cook in a cast iron pan, you use less oil, avoid harmful chemicals that can leech out from cookware like non stick pans or aluminum cookware and you get a good dose of iron in your food and into your body. So apart from easy cleanup, hassle free cooking, this is a good way to boost your daily iron intake too @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
- Chicken thighs 4 (2 lbs)
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 4-5 cloves, finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper coarsely ground 2 tsp
- Flour ½ cup
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes 1 cup
- Oregano 2 tsp
- Mushrooms 1 cup, sliced
- Kale 1 cup, chopped
- Heavy cream 1 cup
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Parsley 2 tbsp, freshly chopped
- Pat dry chicken thighs with kitchen towel. In a bowl put in flour. Season with black pepper and salt.
- Roll chicken thighs on the seasoned flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry chicken thighs 10- 15 mins flipping the other side halfway through the cooking. Most of the chicken should be done by now. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add 1 tbsp of butter. Sauté chopped garlic and onions till translucent. Put in cherry tomatoes.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and chopped kale. Sauté for a minute before adding cream. Let it come to a boil. Add 1 cup of water.
- Put in fried chicken pieces. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and paprika.
- Cook for 10-15 mins till chicken is completely cooked.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with rice or noodles.
Use a cast iron pan for good heat distributional quick cooking.