Hakka Noodles is a Chinese delicacy and a highly popular Indo-Chinese dish in India. These noodles are made from rice or wheat flour based doughs. A good source of energy, they are popular with kids and adults and is a great way to add any and every vegetable to the dish. Hakka Noodles are boiled and cooked with vegetables and sauces in the toss and fry method and ready within minutes @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves or makes 4-5
- Ching Hakka Noodles 1 package
- Portobello mushrooms ½ cup
- White mushrooms 1 cup
- Toasted sesame oil 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce (omit if vegetarian) 2 tsp
- Sriracha 2 tbsp
- Rice wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Cabbage 2 cups shredded
- Green onions ½ cup
- Green chilies 3-4, chopped
- Onion 1, large sliced
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Ginger 2 inches, cut into strips
- Garlic 4-5 cloves, sliced
- Cook the Hakka noodles according to package directions. Drain the noodles. Add 1 tbsp of oil and mix into the noodles.
- Heat a wok. Add 1 tsp oil. Add in mushrooms and stir fry for a couple of minute on high heat. Remove.
- In the same wok add cabbage, onions, ginger and garlic. Toss fry on high heat. Add in sautéd mushrooms, half of the green onions and green chilies.
- Add soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, vinegar and green chilies. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the rest of the green onions. Serve.