The star of the show in this recipe is the pesto aioli. The ricotta makes the sauce even more creamy. I used angel hair pasta for this recipe but any kind of pasta would work equally well. I used very little amount of leeks as I wanted just a hint of onion flavor and more of the garlic but feel free to add more leeks if you want. This dish is delicious hot or cold and can feed a crowd. So next time you have guests over, try this recipe and drop me a message how it worked. Angel hair pasta cooks really quickly so if you use any other pasta adjust the cooking time accordingly. Start on the aioli while the pasta is boiling to get dinner ready even sooner! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- Angel Hair Pasta 1 package 16 oz (454 g)
- Garlic 4-5 cloves, grated
- Red pepper flakes
- Leeks ¼ cup thinly sliced
- Ricotta 1 cup
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Pesto aioli ½ cup (recipe below)
- Basil 1 tbsp, chopped
- Parmesan grated 3 tbsp
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain the pasta reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Heat oil. Sauté garlic and leeks.
- Add cooked spaghetti and pesto aioli. Add the reserved water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ricotta. Put in chopped basil.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
- Basil a handful
- Mayonnaise 5 tbsp
- Parmesan 4 tbsp
- Pine nuts lightly toasted ¼ cup
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Garlic 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil ¼ cup
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
In a food processor or using a hand blender mix all the ingredients till smooth.