Rabri, originated in Mathura, the land of Lord Krishna, is made from boiling cow’s milk for a long time till it changes consistency and becomes thicker. It is then garnished with nuts and spices. This is a shortcut version using very little time and minimal effort. Do try it sometime @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- Evaporated milk 1 can
- Ricotta cheese 1 ½ cups
- Saffron a few threads
- Green cardamom pods, crushed
- Granulated sugar ½ cup
- Rose water 2 tsp
- Slivered almonds for garnish
- Crushed rose petals for garnish
- In a non stick pan add ricotta cheese and evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Mix the ricotta cheese into the evaporated milk till the mixture is smooth.
- Grind the saffron and green cardamom pods. Add this to the mixture.
- Add the sugar. Cook for a few minutes till it reaches to desired consistency. Turn the heat off.
- Add the rose water. Mix.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and crushed rose petals.
- Set in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. It will get thicker as it cools. This is best served cold.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!