One simple Christmas recipe that pleases both the young and old has to be these peppermint truffles with peppermint extract and frosted candy canes @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins plus resting
COOK TIME: 2 mins
YIELDS: Makes 15
- Oreo 16
- Cream cheese 4 oz
- Peppermint extract 1 tsp
- Peppermint candy canes 4-5
- Semi sweet chocolate baking squares 8 oz
- Crush the Oreos in a mortar and pestle or with a rolling pin in a ziplock bag.
- In a food processor pulse Oreo cookies till finely crumbled.
- Add cream cheese and peppermint extract. Blitz till the mixture is smooth.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and make round smooth balls. Repeat till all the mixture is done.
- Freeze the balls for half an hour.
- In a microwaveable bowl melt the chocolate at 30 seconds intervals.
- Using a spoon dip each Oreo ball into the chocolate mixture till fully coated.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy canes.
Do not skip the step of freezing the Oreo balls. It makes the whole process of coating with the chocolate really easy as the chocolate sets within seconds!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!