Shrimp sautéed in garlic butter with lemon juice, parsley and saffron milk. Need I say more? This is a super simple recipe for kids and adults alike. With just a handful of ingredients you have a wholesome delicious meal in minutes. I’ve used a pressure cooker here but you can use a pan too @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS: Serves or makes 3
- Shrimp 8 oz, deveined and cleaned
- Long grain rice 1 cup
- Sea salt
- Saffron 1 tsp
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Garlic 2 tbsp, grated
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Parmesan 4 tbsp
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Flat leaf parsley 2 tbsp, chopped
- Warm milk in the microwave for 10 secs. Soak saffron in it for a few mins.
- Heat butter. Add garlic and black pepper. Sauté till aromatic. Reserve 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add shrimp to the butter in the pressure cooker. Stir till just pink.
- Add rice. Season with salt. Add in milk and saffron. Stir.
- Add lemon juice, parsley and Parmesan.
- Cook for 2 whistles in the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release by itself before opening the lid.
- Add the rest of the garlic butter.
- Plate the rice on a serving plate. Top with parsley.
- Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Rice is ready.